If you’re an outdoorsy person, you know that waterproof gear is a must-have. A waterproof phone case will keep your smartphone safe and dry while you enjoy your favorite outdoor and water activities.
An excellent waterproof phone case doesn’t just keep water out, but also dust, dirt, sand, and many float, so you can retrieve your smartphone if it ends up in a river or lake.
A waterproof phone case is a must-have accessory if you live an active lifestyle. So let’s check out the best waterproof phone cases for different budgets and needs.
Here’s a peek at our favorites:
Contents (Clickable) --->
- 1 Hiearcool Universal Waterproof Case
- 2 Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES Waterproof Case
- 3 CASE-MATE Pelican – Marine Series
- 4 Oterkin Waterproof Case – Samsung S21
- 5 Vapesoon iPhone 11 Waterproof Case
- 6 SPIDERCASE iPhone 12 Pro Max Waterproof Case
- 7 ProCase Universal Waterproof Case
- 8 JOTO Floating Waterproof Phone Pouch
- 9 Nineasy Google Pixel 6 Pro Waterproof Case
- 10 ANTSHARE Galaxy S20 FE Waterproof Case
- 11 SPIDERCASE iPhone 13 Waterproof Case
- 12 My Experience With Phone Pouches
- 13 Conclusion
Hiearcool Universal Waterproof Case
- Beach Accessories for Vacation: Big Size Waterproof Phone Holder, Up to 7.2 inches...
- Beach Essentials: 2 Pack waterproof phone bag convenient for you and your family.
- Certified Waterproof Phone Cases: IPX8 certified waterproof up to 100 feet/ 30...
- Beach Gear: Hiearcool Waterproof phone pouch/case comes with a detachable lanyard...
- Beach Necessities: Not just for the phone but any other you want to keep away from...
The Hiearcool Universal Waterproof Case is an excellent option if you’re looking for a universal waterproof pouch that will work with just about any smartphone on the market.
The Hiearcool waterproof phone pouch is compatible with most major smartphone brands, including Samsung, iPhone, and Google Pixel, both large and small.
There is also plenty of room for other belongings, like money, passport or ID, debit or credit card. So you don’t have to worry about your valuables getting wet while you are enjoying your favorite water activities.
You can use this waterproof pouch for snorkeling, swimming, and diving. The transparent design allows you to take pictures and videos while you’re in the water.
If you are using the phone underwater, try to get as much air out of the pouch as possible.
This case can handle smartphones up to 7 inches, so bring on those oversized phones! If your phone has a slim protective case on it already, the phone might fit with the case on it. Otherwise, you can take your protective case off and drop the phone in the pouch.
The Hiearcool case is IPX8 certified and waterproof to 100 feet (30 meters). In addition, the transparent front and back allow you to use your touchscreen when the phone is inside.
It also has an adjustable lanyard with a solid attachment point, so you can keep the waterproof case close to your body to avoid losing it.
The Hiearcool Waterproof Case is straightforward to use with clamps that lock your phone and other valuables securely in place. It’s like using a next-level ziplock bag for your phone.
If you are heading to the beach or paddling your kayak or SUP, this is a solid phone case for your next outing. These budget-friendly waterproof phone cases will keep your phone dry without breaking the bank.
Test it with a napkin or paper towel before putting this universal waterproof phone pouch to work. Put a napkin inside, lock the pouch and submerge it for 30 minutes.
- Comes in a two-pack
- Easy to use
- Fits various phones
- Doesn’t float, your phone and the case will sink to the bottom
- Some people might want a more sleek option
Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES Waterproof Case
- Compatible with iPhone XR
- FRE: Built-in scratch protector is virtually invisible to the eye and touch; full...
- Water and Snow Proof: Fully submergible to 66'/2 m for 1 hour; Sealed from snow, ice,...
- Shock Proof: Withstands drops from 66'/2 m - meets or exceeds MIL STD 810F-516
- Proper installation of a LifeProof product is important to successful use so please...
If you’re looking for a waterproof case that is sleek and stylish, the Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES Waterproof iPhone case for iPhone is a great option. Yes, it’s more expensive than other options, but it offers top-notch protection for your phone. This case will definitely help your underwater photography game.
This waterproof phone case has a slim design that doesn’t add a lot of bulk to your phone. The great thing about the FRĒ SERIES is you still have access to the buttons and controls on your phone.
The touchscreen is very responsive with the screen protector in place. The case is also waterproof down to 6.6 feet (two meters) and can withstand drops from up to two stories high.
If your adventures take you to the slopes or the beach, never fear. The Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES waterproof case stays sealed to protect your phone from snow, ice, dirt, and dust.
The Lifeproof waterproof case is rated IP68 and can withstand being submerged in up to two meters of water for one hour, which makes it ideal for great pools, water parks, splash pads, a day at the beach, or paddling your favorite waterway.
The downside is the case does not float. So, if you drop your phone in the lake, river, or other large body of water, bye-bye phone.
In addition to being waterproof, this case is also drop-proof up to 2 meters, so if you drop, you are prone to dropping your phone while you are out and about, forget about it.
If you’re looking for a waterproof phone case that offers excellent protection against the elements, the Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES is a great option.
There are a variety of colors available, so you can find the perfect fit.
- Sleek design
- Access to buttons and controls
- Touchscreen is responsive
- Does not float
- Does not fit all phones
CASE-MATE Pelican – Marine Series
- Display size: 7 inches.✅ IPX8 Certified Waterproof Protection: 3.3 feet/ 1 meter...
- ✅ HD Side Design and Sensitive Touch: The Pelican (Marine Series) waterproof cell...
- ✅ Full Protection: Lightweight with a detachable lanyard for hanging around the...
- ✅ Taking Pictures Underwater: Snap images wherever and whenever you want. The...
- ✅ Uncompromising: We build for the perfectionist who demands quality, both in...
Looking for a floating waterproof phone case? The CASE-MATE Pelican Marine Series might be the perfect option for you. This case is waterproof to 1 meter (3.3 feet) and is IPx8 rated.
The Pelican Marine Series is air-cushioned to float with your device inside, making it an excellent option for those who like to spend time on the water.
If you spend time kayaking or paddleboarding on lakes and rivers, the CASE-MATE is awesome because if you drop your phone in the water, it floats so you can retrieve it.
The pouch is larger than most standard phone pouches, making it big enough to fit your ID and small valuables, so you can keep your small belongings dry.
The CASE-MATE Pelican Marine Series is available in Black/Lime or Olive Green. Depending on your perspective, these muted colors don’t scream out to you, which can be good or bad.
But, it’s nice to have a bright-colored phone case, so it’s easier to spot on open water, so that is a bummer with the limited color selection.
In other news, the case also features a lanyard for easy carrying around your neck, so your phone is always close by for pictures and videos. You can also tie the lanyard down to an anchor point on your life jacket or boat.
The universal Pelican Marine Series comes in a standard size or an XL which fits most smartphones. In addition, the phone case is great for the beach, pool, lake, waterpark, etc.
One downside is the phone case is only submersible to 3 feet, so it’s not going to work for deepwater activities.
If you are looking for a mid-priced waterproof phone case that floats and offers great protection, the CASE-MATE Pelican Marine Series is a great option.
- It floats for easy retrieval from the water
- Waterproof to 1 meter
- Clear window
- Available in standard or XL size
- Submersible to 3 feet is not as deep as other options
Oterkin Waterproof Case – Samsung S21
- √【IP68 Waterproof】: Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21 ONLY (6.2inch) 5G. Fully...
- √【360 Degree Protection】: Oterkin S21 waterproof case equipped with four...
- √【Support All Functions& High Clarity】: Easy accessible buttons and precise...
- √【Non-slip design】: Non slip groove redesigned sides for reinforced grip,...
- √【What you can get 】: Waterproof case for Samsung Galaxy S21(6.2inch)...
Looking for a waterproof phone case specifically designed for the Samsung Galaxy S21?
Look no further than the Oterkin Waterproof Case. You can take underwater photography to the next level. This slim and sleek case fits your phone like a glove and is waterproof to two meters for up to an hour.
The Oterkin features an IP68 waterproof rating and a built-in screen protector, so you don’t have to worry about scratches, dirt, or debris damaging your phone’s screen.
Bring it on. This Samsung Galaxy S21 phone case can handle dirt, dust, sand, snow, you name it.
The Oterkin is available in black, blue, pink, or purple, so you can rock your favorite color with your waterproof phone case. Bright colors make your phone stand out, so it’s easy to spot if you drop it in the pool and have to dive in for the rescue.
One downside of the Oterkin is that the phone case does not have a built-in floatation device, so the phone will sink along with your pretty new case. Not so great if you are paddling a kayak or SUP on open water and drop your phone overboard.
But never fear. The case comes with a lanyard, so you can strap that sucker down to your watercraft with confidence. The lanyard is also nice to keep the phone around your neck, so it’s always close by when a photo op presents itself.
One cool feature that sets this waterproof phone case apart is the transparent back supporting wireless charging.
Last but certainly not least, the sides of the case have grooves that help you grip the phone case better, so it doesn’t slip around like a bar of soap when it gets wet.
The Oterkin waterproof phone case is an excellent option if you are looking for a slim and sleek waterproof case that will protect your Samsung Galaxy S21 from the elements.
Just be sure you read about which phone models are compatible before you purchase.
- Slim and sleek design
- Waterproof to two meters for up to an hour
- Built-in screen protector
- Various color choices
- Does not float
- Only available for the Samsung Galaxy S21
Vapesoon iPhone 11 Waterproof Case
- 【Special Design】Designed Case for iPhone 11 (6.1 Inch )2019 Release , clear back...
- 【Waterproof】IP68 Certified Waterproof, tested submerged to 6.6'/1.5 m for 20...
- 【Full Protection】The case for iPhone 11 is made of shock absorbing high grade TPU...
- 【Wireless Charing】Super Slim & Clear cover is easy to work with wireless...
- 【Built-in screen protector】Built-in sensitive screen protector,no need to buy...
Although your iPhone 11 can probably handle a short dip in the water, why take the chance?
The Vapesoon waterproof iPhone case has got you covered whether you are hitting the beach, boating, or just hanging out by the pool.
With an IP68 rating, this waterproof phone case is submersible to 6.6 feet for 20 minutes. In addition, it can handle underwater activities like snorkeling and swimming and waterparks, splash pads, and the like.
The waterproof iPhone 11 case can also withstand drops from six feet, so you don’t have to worry about your phone taking a tumble. The Vapesoon waterproof phone case also protects against dust, dirt, and sand, performing well in various harsh environments.
I also love that you still have access to all the buttons and functions of your phone when the case is on. You can play music, take epic selfies and never miss out on a photo op with the case on your phone.
Available in black, blue, pink, or white, the Vapesoon waterproof phone case is a great way to keep your iPhone 11 safe and sound when you are around water.
The Vapesoon waterproof phone case has a clear back that supports wireless charging.
This is a great feature because it means you don’t have to fumble with any cords or plugs to charge your phone. Instead, just place it on your wireless charging pad, and you are good to go.
The downside to this phone case is that it does not float, but it does have an attachment point for a lanyard. It’s still a good idea to keep a good grip on your phone in open water like lakes and rivers.
If you want a universal waterproof floating case, check out the Pelican CASE-MATE as a solid alternative.
This is the best waterproof iPhone case because it has wireless charging capabilities it withstands drops and harsh elements.
- Submersible to 6.6 feet for up to 20 minutes
- Offers dust and dirt protection
- Built-in screen protector
- Does not float
SPIDERCASE iPhone 12 Pro Max Waterproof Case
- 【Fit Perfectly】ONLY Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro Max 6.7”, 2020 Released.
- 【Full Protection】Built-in screen protector& clear scratch resistant back panel,...
- 【Waterproof】IP68 Certified Waterproof case, protect your phone from water....
- 【Durable】Shockproof exceed Military Standard 810G-516, withstands drops from...
- 【Installation Guidance】Proper installation is important to successful use. Please...
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is a big phone. So if you are looking for a waterproof phone case that can accommodate your new iPhone 12, the SPIDERCASE is an excellent option.
The 12 Pro Max is water, dust, and splash resistant, but you certainly can’t take it cliff diving. With an IP68 rating, the SPIDERCASE waterproof phone case is submersible in water up to two meters for 30 minutes.
That means the case is excellent for snorkeling, swimming, and other underwater activities, so you can take some great shots with your iPhone. You just don’t want to expose your phone to the rigors of deep water.
It also has a built-in screen protector to help protect your new iPhone 12 from getting scratched or damaged. In addition, the SPIDERCASE waterproof phone case is available in various colors, so you can choose the color that best fits your style.
A great waterproof phone case is not a one-trick pony; it should also protect from drops and other harsh elements. The SPIDERCASE waterproof phone case does just that.
This waterproof iPhone case is dust, dirt, and sand resistant, so you can take it with you wherever you go without having to worry about the environment.
One of the best things about the SPIDERCASE waterproof phone case is that it comes with a lanyard attachment point. So, if you are worried about dropping your phone in water, you can carry the phone around your neck, wrist or tie it down if you are on a boat.
All the buttons are accessible and easy to use, and the SPIDERCASE covers the camera lens. In addition, the high-sensitivity screen protector will not compromise the touch screen capabilities of your phone.
Oops, almost forgot, the case is also conducive to wireless charging, which is a huge plus.
- Can withstand various elements
- Wireless charging capable
- Lots of color options
- Does not float
ProCase Universal Waterproof Case
- ✅ 2 Pack Universal waterproof phone case dry bag with white/black color...
- ✅ Innovative design on the side of the case allows users to access the side buttons...
- ✅ 100 feet IPX8 Certified waterproof; Offers waterproof / snowproof / dirtproof...
- ✅ Compatible with devices up to 3.35 x 6.69 inches; Comes with a neck strap for...
- ✅ Features a simple snap and lock access, easy to keep out water, snow, dust, sand,...
Adventurous folks will appreciate the ProCase waterproof phone case because it is designed to protect your phone in any environment.
Whether hiking, biking, camping, fishing, or just hanging out at the beach, the ProCase waterproof phone case can handle it. The IPX8 rating means this case is submersible in water up to 100 feet, so you can take it with you on your favorite water-based adventures.
The ProCase waterproof phone case is available in various colors, so you can choose one that best suits your style.
This is a universal waterproof phone pouch that fits a variety of smartphones, so it’s versatile as well.
The case is perfect for those who are always on the go and want to take their phone with them without worrying about it getting wet. The ProCase is large enough to fit your phone and small valuables like a credit card, cash, etc. So you can keep all of your valuables in one spot.
The ProCase waterproof phone case also comes with a lanyard attachment point, so you can keep your phone safe and secure around your neck or wrist while you are exploring.
The case has easy-to-use clamps that snap shut and keep your phone secure. In addition, the clear window on the front of the case allows you to take pictures and videos while you are on your adventures without having to remove the phone from the case.
For the best picture quality, get as much air out of the pouch as you can.
The case is also dust, sand, dirt, and snow-resistant, so you can take it with you anywhere without having to worry about the environment.
This is one of the best waterproof phone cases because you can keep small valuables along with your phone, which cuts down on the amount of gear you need to take to your next water activity.
The biggest negative to this waterproof phone case is it doesn’t float.
- Comes in a two-pack
- You can keep small valuables in the pouch with your phone
- A budget alternative to more expensive phone cases
- Like many other cases, it does not float
JOTO Floating Waterproof Phone Pouch
- ✅ Universal Size: fits most smartphones up to 7" diagonal size (Certain big screen...
- ✅ Floating Waterproof Phone Pouch: the air padding design on the pouch makes your...
- ✅ IPX8 Waterproof: 100 feet IPX8 Certified waterproof; Offers waterproof /...
- ✅ Touch Sensitive: quality TPU material makes it easy to touch and swipe the...
- ✅ Secure Lock Design: secure lock mechanism, open and close the pouch with just a...
Looking for a waterproof phone case that floats? The JOTO Floating Waterproof Phone Pouch has you covered.
This waterproof phone case is perfect for those who love spending time on or around the water. The pouch will keep your phone safe and secure while you are swimming, kayaking, boating, or just hanging out at the beach.
Ever drop your phone in the pool on accident and watch it woefully sink the bottom? Okay, maybe you are not as clumsy as me, but if you happen to do that, the JOTO universal waterproof case makes it easy to retrieve your phone.
The IPX8 rating ensures that your phone will be protected up to 100 deep in water and protect your phone from sand, dirt, and snow. In addition, the clear window on the front of the case allows you to take pictures and videos while you are on your adventures without having to remove the phone from the case.
With some pouches, you have to watch out for the picture quality. However, the picture quality with the JOTO is solid through the case, and you can also use the touchscreen without any issues.
The JOTO universal waterproof phone case also comes with a lanyard attachment point so you can keep your phone safe and secure around your neck or wrist while you are exploring. In addition, the case has easy-to-use clamps that snap shut and keep your phone secure.
The biggest positive of this waterproof phone case is that it floats, so you don’t have to worry about losing your phone in the water. The case is also available in various colors, so you can choose the one that best suits your style.
You can also keep other small valuables in the pouch with your phone, which helps cut down on extra gear you have to take. For example, there is room for cash, a credit card, etc. Although storing extra valuables in the pouch makes using the phone underwater more difficult.
The JOTO waterproof phone case is an excellent option for those who are looking for a budget-friendly waterproof phone case.
- It floats!
- Easy to use closure
- Keep other valuable safe and dry
- Come with a lanyard
- The picture quality can be a bit lacking through the case
Nineasy Google Pixel 6 Pro Waterproof Case
- 【Fit Perfectly】This waterproof case is designed specifically for Google Pixel 6...
- 【Excellent IP68 Waterproof】IP68 certified waterproof not only makes your Pixel 6...
- 【Full-Body Protection】Built in screen protector, Google Pixel 6 Pro waterproof...
- 【Support All Functions】Each cutout in Pixel 6 Pro case 2021 fits perfectly with...
- 【Professional Support】We provides 1 year worry-free service and 24/7 service. If...
Finally, a waterproof phone case for you Pixel users out there!
The Nineasy Google Pixel waterproof phone case is perfect for those who want to take their phone with them on all of their aquatic adventures.
The IP68 rating ensures that your phone will be protected up to two meters deep in water and protect your phone from sand, dirt, and snow.
The clear window on the front of the case allows you to take pictures and videos without removing the phone from the case.
This waterproof phone case is perfect for those who want a slim and sleek option that doesn’t add a ton of bulk to their phone.
The Nineasy waterproof phone case is also dust-proof, so you can take it with you anywhere without having to worry about the environment.
Okay, now for the bad stuff. There are a couple of downsides to this phone case. One of the biggest negatives is that the case does not float. Been there, done that with other models on this list.
The biggest knock on this phone case is that some people have struggled with fingerprint recognition with the case. There is some debate on this issue, some people have no issue, and others say it’s a problem. So, that is something to consider with this phone case.
Some people have also had issues with a giant sticker on the screen protector, leaving behind residue. This seems to be hit or miss.
Given some of these issues, if you are looking for an alternative, the Hiearcool Universal Waterproof Case (pouch) is a budget-friendly option.
On a positive note, the case comes with a lanyard which is great for keeping the phone secure around your neck or wrist, and you can also strap it down if you are kayaking or paddleboarding.
- Waterproof to two meters
- A lanyard keeps the phone secure on your body
- Great for the beach and other water-based activities
- Some people have issues with the fingerprint reader
ANTSHARE Galaxy S20 FE Waterproof Case
- 【Perfect Fit】Designed specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (6.5'') 5G....
- 【IP68 Waterproof Case】 IP68 Certified Waterproof case, protect your Samsung...
- 【360° Protection】 Full Body Protective Case for S20 FE. A tight body with...
- 【Wireless Charging Support】Clear back will not block wireless charging without...
- 【High Touch Responsive】 Built-in HD plastic screen protector prevents scratches,...
The ANTSHARE waterproof case won’t just keep your Galaxy S20 FE dry. It will also keep it safe from sand, dust, and drops.
I don’t know about you, but do you ever “accidentally” drop your phone on the ground?
No, I didn’t think so. LOL
This waterproof phone case is perfect for those who want a phone case that can do it all. The IP68 rating ensures your phone is protected up to two meters deep in water and also from sand, dirt, and snow.
The tough polycarbonate material of the case can withstand any environment you might find yourself in.
One of the best things about this waterproof phone case is the built-in screen protector. This means you don’t have to worry about putting a separate screen protector on your phone and having it get all sweaty and gross.
The ANTSHARE waterproof phone case also comes with a lanyard, so you can keep your phone safe and secure while you are on your adventures.
Wireless charging is one of the best features of the ANTSHARE Galaxy S20 waterproof phone case. As a result, you don’t have to worry about your phone case interfering with the convenience of wireless charging.
One benefit that is a huge plus for this phone case is the fingerprint scanner still works great with the case on, so there are no issues like some other waterproof phone cases.
As with many phone cases, this one doesn’t float. Definitely not a deal-breaker, though. If you want a case that floats, you need to choose one of the pouches listed above designed to float.
Overall, this is a great, slim-fitting phone case that will help protect your phone on your next outing.
- Slim fitting design
- The fingerprint reader works well
- Fits nicely in your hand with side grips
- Doesn’t float, but that’s not a deal-breaker
SPIDERCASE iPhone 13 Waterproof Case
- 【Perfect Fit】This iPhone 13 Case only compatible with iPhone 13 6.1 inch and fits...
- 【Full body protection】The iPhone 13 case has a built-in screen protector with a...
- 【IP68 Waterproof Performance】 The iPhone 13 case has been tested for professional...
- 【Thoughtful Design】Fully sealed. The transparent front and rear covers show the...
- 【Easy to Install】Please install or remove the iPhone 13 case from the bottom...
iPhone 13 enthusiasts rejoice. This waterproof case has got your back…and your front.
The SPIDERCASE waterproof phone case will keep your iPhone 13 safe and dry no matter what environment you find yourself in.
This rugged phone case is IP68 rated, so it can withstand your drops and still take high-quality HD photos and videos underwater. In addition, you can take epic shots underwater thanks to front and rear camera lens caps.
This waterproof phone case is perfect for those who want a slim and sleek option that doesn’t add a ton of bulk to their phone. The SPIDERCASE iPhone 13 waterproof phone case is dust, sand, and dirt-proof, and it can handle your drops.
Not that you ever drop your phone unless you are somewhat clumsy like me.
Regardless, you can take your iPhone 13 with you and have confidence that your phone is well protected.
One of the best things about this waterproof phone case is that it comes with a lanyard so you can keep your phone safe and secure while on all of your adventures.
The SPIDERCASE fits snug, but you still have access to all the buttons that make your phone so unique. On top of that, the phone case fits nicely in your hand and doesn’t feel flimsy like it will slip out.
Oh, wait! Wireless charging. The phone case won’t get in your way of convenient wireless charging.
The SPIDERCASE iPhone 13 Waterproof Case is a solid investment and will give you the peace of mind to take your iPhone 13 with you on all of your outdoor adventures.
- Lanyard anchor point included
- Slim and sleek design
- Fits snug, but you still have access to all the buttons
- Wireless charging won’t be an issue
- It might not fit in your pocket as easily as you would like
- Does not float
My Experience With Phone Pouches
I have tested a few different pouches out on my own and have some interesting results to share.
When I had the pouch out of the water, the touch screen on my phone was responsive through the pouch and I was able to turn on the camera and take pictures and video.
Using the phone pouch underwater, the screen was not nearly as responsive. I found that I had better luck putting my phone in camera mode before heading underwater. Once I had that figured out, the videos and images looked really good.
Depending on the lighting, the pouch can cause some streaking on videos and pictures but overall I have been pleased with the quality. It might just take some getting used to using the phone in the case.
My phone was completely dry when after being in the case.
One more point. I mentioned a few times that you can put other small valuables in a waterproof phone pouch and it’s true. But you want to keep that kind of stuff on the backside of the phone, away from the touchscreen and camera lens.
There are many reasons you might want to consider using a waterproof phone case. If you’re an avid outdoors person, a waterproof phone case can come in handy for keeping your phone safe from the elements.
A waterproof phone case can also be a great option if you have kids. You can rest easy knowing that if your phone falls in the pool, your phone will be safe.